The moment we press delete operation is performed of saving changes in database

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Hello,

According to me when I delete item it shouldn't save changes on database, it should make a delete only in object and we are able to undo-changes without calling service. Changes should be saved only after we perform save or save all buttons.

If this comment doesn't make any sense, please discard this comment.

Regards,

Gautham

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Most of real world applications I have seen before would delete an item and save changes immediately to database, and that is why I implemented in OrderIT sample. But your suggestion is also a good one, and I certainly can try that approach with my next sample.

This self-tracking entity generator is still in beta and please let me know if you find problems.

Thank you very much!

Weidong Shen

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:09 AM
Hello weidongshen,

Thank-you for taking interest on my taught, surely coming days I will have very good look on this project. I will try to find problems.
And get back on this regards.

Gautham Shetty

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 06:36:09 -0700
Subject: Re: The moment we press delete operation is performed of saving changes in database [SelfTrackingEntity:273443]

Most of real world applications I have seen before would delete an item and save changes immediately to database, and that is why I implemented in OrderIT sample. But your suggestion is also a good one, and I certainly can try that approach with my next sample.
This self-tracking entity generator is still in beta and please let me know if you find problems.
Thank you very much!
Weidong Shen
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SelfTrackingEntity@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SelfTrackingEntity@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com